Here some pictures related to some assignements made for ICON Desingn magazine during 2016 and 2017
Ca 'Brutta is a residential building in Milan, located on the corner of the Moscova Street on the United States Square, a symbol of the Milanese environment of the 1920s and 1930s. It was called so for the negative impression that aroused at that time, caused by the extravagant use of elements of classical language.
It was the debut work of architect Giovanni Muzio.
The Schminke house (in German Haus Schminke) is a villa located on the outskirts of the German town of Löbau. Built from 1930 to 1933 in an organic style, it is the best-known work of those designed by Hans Scharoun before World War II.
It is also one of the most important architectural works in the Republic of Weimar, comparable to the importance of Villa Savoye of Le Corbusier or Villa Tugendhat by Mies van der Rohe. Currently the house is used as a museum and is open to visitors.
Villa Cavrois in Croix (Lille) is a large modernist mansion built in 1932 by French architect Robert Mallet-Stevens for Paul Cavrois, an industrialist from Roubaix active in the textile industry.
Villa Cavrois is a testimony to the modernist vision of the 1920s as it was conceived by designers such as Le Corbusier, Pierre Chareau and the Bauhaus school. Luminosity, hygiene and comfort are the keywords that underlie such buildings. Villa Cavrois illustrates this concept with simplicity and elegance.
Alvar Aalto experimental house
The Muuratsalo Experimental House is situated on the western shore of the island of Muuratsalo. The tower of Muurame Church (Alvar Aalto 1926-29) can be seen on the opposite shore. Elissa and Alvar Aalto discovered the site for the house while Säynätsalo Town Hall (Alvar Aalto 1949-52) was under construction. Both Muuratsalo and Säynätsalo now form part of the City of Jyväskylä.
The rocky site measures 53650 m2, the boulders and stones are covered with moss, bilberry and lingonberry bushes. The vegetation is even more flourishing in a cleft between the rocks. The trees are typical for Finnish mixed forest, with birch and pine trees predominating. In the 1950s, there was no bridge to the island.